Monday 22 April 2013

What I am.


It's dark outside, because it is night time.

There is a chill to the night, but it does not bother me.

There is no wind.

I see shadows moving as I walk under the street lamp. The outline of a body.

As I continue to walk the shadow gets longer and longer, the darkness of it fades.

Slowly into nothingness.

Then, near the shoes, a new shadow begins. The shadow starts off so dark it seems alive.

Then it fades again, only to have a new one take its place.

From my sight, I can relate more of myself to the shadow, than I do to myself.

To me, a creature is moving along this street. Of which, I have no relation.

I am a glimpse of life. Only for a moment. Until I fade away.

I am not the creature.

The creature keeps moving, despite me, forcing me to move on.

To fade away and be replaced.

I don't have enough time, the creature is moving too fast.

But as I dissipate. I know what I am.

I am a shadow.



No comments:

Post a Comment